2023 | 50-50 Benefit Raffle
Official House Rules
- The Prize consists of a 50-50 split of the proceeds generated during the raffle.
- The YMCA will receive 50% of the proceeds and the winning ticket holder will receive the other 50%
- A total of 2,000 tickets will be printed and available for sale.
- Price for raffle tickets are: 1 ticket for $25
- Tickets will be sold February 9, 2023 to 5:00 p.m. EST on May 5, 2023
- Tickets are available for purchase online at www.vtymca.org/5050.
- Note regarding online sales – a website interface is utilized to transact the business via bankcard merchant processing; while a receipt is issued, it does not constitute the official raffle ticket. Arrangements are then made with the purchaser for receipt of his/her actual game piece (the official raffle ticket).
- Must be 18 years of age or older to purchase a raffle ticket.
Members of the Y’s leadership team (students, staff, and Board volunteers) are ineligible to purchase a ticket.
Individuals who sell raffle tickets are ineligible to purchase a ticket.
- There is no limit to the number of tickets that any purchaser can purchase.
- Winner does not need to be present to win.
The winner must present a valid I.D. as proof that he or she is the ticket holder.
- Winner will be notified via e-mail, telephone call, and / or U.S. postal mail
- The drawing will be held on Friday, May 5 at 5:00 pm at the Y Center located at 1000 N. Main St., Blacksburg, VA 24060
- The winner of the drawing must claim their prize between the dates of May 5th to May 31st 2023
- By purchasing a ticket, each individual agrees to have his/her contact information added to the YMCA at Virginia Tech’s database for future communication purposes.
- Winner agrees to allow the YMCA at Virginia Tech to utilize his/her name and likeness in marketing and communication projects.
- Prize may be subject to taxes; payment of that tax is the responsibility of the winner. As such, winner must complete an IRS Form W-9 and submit it to the YMCA prior to receiving prize.
50-50 Raffle Narrative
Part 1: Scope and Purpose of the Raffle
- 2,000 raffle tickets will be printed
- One raffle ticket can be purchased for $25.00
- Maximum anticipated Gross receipts will be $50,000.00
- The Prize consists of a 50-50 split of proceeds (after expenses) received during the raffle.
- The House rules will be available on the YMCA at Virginia Tech website: www.vtymca.org/5050.
Part 2: Sales Distribution
- The money will be controlled by the President, Treasurer, and Game Manger.
- Each Wednesday, volunteers and office staff will report weekly sales and turn over money to the Game Manager. The Game manager will deposit the money from weekly sales to the YMCA at Virginia Tech’s “raffle checking account.”
- Tickets will be sold by volunteers, in the office, or online. Money will be collected by volunteers, office staff, and online sales interface; all raffle ticket sales will be recorded on the Raffle Sales Reconciliation Form. Customers will be able to purchase tickets directly online at vtymca.org and will be mailed to the purchaser. Tickets will not be distributed electronically and require customer to make arrangements for receiving their ticket(s).
The purchase of tickets will be restricted to sales within the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- The winning ticket and unsold tickets shall be maintained for three years from the close of the fiscal year. The raffle tickets will be held in a secure locked file at the Y Center.
Part 3: Drawing Process and Prize Winners
- The raffle drawing will be conducted by the President, Treasurer, or Game Manager on Friday, May 5, 2023 at 7:00 pm at the Y Center located at 1000 N. Main St., Blacksburg, VA.
- All raffle tickets will be placed in a Raffle Ticket Drum, spun and drawn from the Raffle Ticket Drum by the President, Treasurer, or Game Manager.
- The winner does not need to be present to claim the prize; the prize can be picked up at the Y Center, 1000 N. Main St, Blacksburg, VA 24060. Winner will be notified via e-mail, telephone call, and / or U.S. postal mail.
- The House rules will be available on the Y’s: www.vtymca.org/5050.